SOAP TREATED AND UNTREATED WOOD
Only solid wood furniture is available untreated. Untreated wooden surfaces are very sensitive to dirt, fat and liquids. Very humid environments can raise the fibres in the wood, which makes the surface less smooth. Coloured liquids can cause very deep spots.
Both untreated and soap treated woods age very beautifully and develop a patina almost immediately upon use and over time. As the surface becomes more treated through everyday use and washing in soap solutions, it will also grow more resistant to dirt.
- Use a clean dry soft cloth
- Lukewarm water and wrung well
- Wipe clean ensuring no excess water remains
- Dirt and spots of oils should be removed with a light solution of soap water
- Twice per year, furniture should be washed with a soap solution
- Please seek a professional to soap furniture
- Use 1 Cup of Lux soap flakes to 1 L of warm water or adjust quantities as needed
- Stir the mixture constantly until you have a milky consistency
- You can give the surface a light sand with 240 grit paper following the grain line of the timber
- Ensure your furniture is wiped clean of any dust with a soft damp cloth
- After the spots have been removed the entire wooden surface must be covered in the soapy solution using a cloth
- Distribute the soap solution evenly to all surfaces, but be careful not to soak the furniture
- Dry off with a soft cloth wrung well and following the direction of the grain
SOAP FLAKE RECOMMENDATIONS
- For many of the materials in our range, we recommend using boiled, then cooled water, to which pure soap flakes should be added for more
- thorough cleaning. It is important to take care when choosing soap flakes, as many manufacturers add chemical additives that may react negatively with natural materials such as leather and wood.
- Our suppliers recommend to use Saebespånerby soap flakes that can be found HERE
- Use white natural soap flakes - never brown soap
- Use soap flakes that are free of bleaches or lighteners
- Use soap flakes that are free of perfumes
- If in doubt, use organic soap flakes that are allergy-tested and free of any added substances such as fragrances
Download our care instructions HERE
Alternatively, you can download our care instructions HERE.